Teen killed, man wounded in NJ shooting
NEWARK -- A Newark teenager was shot to death and a man was wounded when shots rang out on a city street Saturday afternoon.
It was not immediately clear what sparked the incident at West Kinney Street and MLK Boulevard, which occurred at about 5:45 p.m.
Detective Todd McClendon, a Newark police spokesman, said the 17-year-old boy, whose name was not released, was shot multiple times in the torso. He was taken to University Hospital in Newark, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
The man, whose name and age were not disclosed, was shot in the leg. His wound was not considered life-threatening.
Newark police and the Essex County Prosecutor's Office were investigating.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
REPORT A TYPO || GET WIDGET
VIDEO: Eyewitness News || VIDEO: ABC News || VIEWER PHOTOS & VIDEOS ||
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos