Local town makes top 10 places to live
WARREN, NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- Money Magazine is out with its list of the best small towns in which to live, and chances are, many probably have never heard of some of them.
The top three are Louisville, Colorado, Chanhassen, Minnesota and Papillion, Nebraska. The only local town that made the top 10 list is Warren, New Jersey, which finished at number six.
So what makes this town so special? Here's what Money Magazine had to say about it:
"Children, commuters, cul-de-sacs--sure, Warren has those. But it isn't the typical big-city suburb. Here, fields aren't used just to kick soccer balls but also to raise cows and crops, thanks to 72 working farms. You'll see few sidewalks and streetlights; residents say they'd spoil the semi-rural atmosphere.
"Many residents work in New York City, but there are plenty of jobs closer to home. Insurer Chubb has its headquarters in town. Embattled Citigroup has a large office in Warren, and a spokesperson says no layoffs are planned there.
"Residents rave about the local schools and the family-friendly township recreation offerings, including a fishing derby for kids each May, a carnival in June, and a classic-car show in September. And when the charms of Warren wear thin, either the beach (the Jersey shore), the slopes (the Poconos), or high culture (Manhattan) is just an hour away."
To see the full list, and to read more about Warren, visit Money.CNN.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2009/.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
REPORT A TYPO || GET WIDGET
VIDEO: Eyewitness News || VIDEO: ABC News || VIEWER PHOTOS & VIDEOS ||
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots! 59 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
59 min ago