Teen calls cops on drunk mom
MAHOPAC (WABC) -- A mother in Mahopac is facing DWI charges after her 13-year-old daughter used her cell phone to report her to police.
The girl called authorities Saturday night after her mother, Susan Rogge, drove her car off the road. The 46-year-old was taking her daughter and four of the girl's friends home from a fair at the time.
Responding officers reportedly found the car facing the wrong way in an oncoming lane. Two of the girls in the car fled into the woods before the officers arrived.
Rogge was arraigned Tuesday at Carmel Town Court.
At the hearing, it was revealed that Rogge's blood alcohol content was .22, almost three times the legal limit.
Bail has been set at $5,000 cash or $10,000 bond.
She's charged with DWI and five counts of reckless endangerment and endangering the welfare of a child.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
REPORT A TYPO || GET WIDGET
VIDEO: Eyewitness News || VIDEO: ABC News || VIEWER PHOTOS & VIDEOS ||
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall