Reward offered in Newark murders
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- A reward is being offered in Monday's deadly shootings in Newark.
The Essex County Sheriff's Office CrimeStoppers Program is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to the arrests of the suspects.
Three people were killed in a pair of shootings on Monday afternoon.
Thirty-six-year-old Nakisha Allen of Newark was killed as she left her apartment building at 440 Elizabeth Avenue. Allen was the mother of two children.
Three men ages 20, 21, and 24 and one 20 year-old woman, all of Newark, also suffered non life-threatening injuries in that shooting.
The second shooting at 109 S. 12th Street left two people dead.
Police have identified 48 year-old Franklin Johnson of East Orange and 29 year-old Hassan Brown of Newark as the two victims.
A 21-year-old East Orange man was also shot. He is listed in stable condition at UMDNJ.
Anyone with information about these crimes is urged to call the Essex County Prosecutor's tip line at 877-TIPS-4-EC (877-847-7432) or the Newark Police Department's Crime Stoppers tip line at 877 NWK-TIPS (877 695-8477).
A third shooting on Monday left two brothers wounded. However, police said the men shot each other. Both have been arrested.
MORE NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
SEND TIP OR PHOTO || REPORT TYPO || GET WIDGET
EYEWITNESS TWITTER || FIND US ON FACEBOOK
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos