Police eye mom's route in Taconic crash
GARDEN CITY, N.Y. -- Witnesses have told state police they saw a minivan making aggressive and erratic moves long before a driver crashed head-on into an SUV on a suburban parkway.
Investigators said Monday that witnesses believe they saw Diane Schuler's minivan on upstate Routes 17 and 87.
They describe the vehicle as straddling lanes, tailgating, and its headlights flashing and horn beeping.
One witness says the driver at one point tried to pass him on the shoulder of the highway.
Police are trying to piece together Schuler's trip from an upstate campground to the Taconic Parkway in Westchester County.
Once there, she drove the wrong way for nearly two miles before crashing.
Schuler, her 2 year-old daughter, and three young nieces were killed. Three men in the SUV also died.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
REPORT A TYPO || GET WIDGET
VIDEO: Eyewitness News || VIDEO: ABC News || VIEWER PHOTOS & VIDEOS ||
taconic parkway accident, diane schuler, local news
- Tornado Warning in parts of Sullivan County 6 min ago
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- AAA: 31.2M drivers to take Memorial Day road trip
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos