Police eye mom's route in Taconic crash
GARDEN CITY, N.Y. -- Witnesses have told state police they saw a minivan making aggressive and erratic moves long before a driver crashed head-on into an SUV on a suburban parkway.
Investigators said Monday that witnesses believe they saw Diane Schuler's minivan on upstate Routes 17 and 87.
They describe the vehicle as straddling lanes, tailgating, and its headlights flashing and horn beeping.
One witness says the driver at one point tried to pass him on the shoulder of the highway.
Police are trying to piece together Schuler's trip from an upstate campground to the Taconic Parkway in Westchester County.
Once there, she drove the wrong way for nearly two miles before crashing.
Schuler, her 2 year-old daughter, and three young nieces were killed. Three men in the SUV also died.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
REPORT A TYPO || GET WIDGET
VIDEO: Eyewitness News || VIDEO: ABC News || VIEWER PHOTOS & VIDEOS ||
taconic parkway accident, diane schuler, local news
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt 25 min ago
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams