Wrong way crash husband talks to police
NEW YORK -- New York state police say they have conducted their first in-depth interview with the husband of a woman who drove the wrong way on a parkway in a minivan full of children and crashed head-on into an SUV, killing eight people.
Capt. Arthur Boyko won't reveal anything Daniel Schuler said during Friday's hour-long interview at state police headquarters in Hawthorne, not far from the scene of the Taconic State Parkway crash just north of New York City. Schuler's lawyer hasn't returned a telephone message seeking comment.
Schuler has disputed autopsy findings that his wife had been drinking and smoking marijuana on July 26 when she drove her minivan the wrong way for nearly two miles before the fiery wreck.
Diane Schuler, her daughter and three nieces in the minivan and three men in the SUV were killed.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
REPORT A TYPO || GET WIDGET
VIDEO: Eyewitness News || VIDEO: ABC News || VIEWER PHOTOS & VIDEOS ||
diane schuler, taconic parkway accident, local news
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 1 winning ticket sold for record Powerball jackpot
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos