Wrong way crash husband talks to police
NEW YORK -- New York state police say they have conducted their first in-depth interview with the husband of a woman who drove the wrong way on a parkway in a minivan full of children and crashed head-on into an SUV, killing eight people.
Capt. Arthur Boyko won't reveal anything Daniel Schuler said during Friday's hour-long interview at state police headquarters in Hawthorne, not far from the scene of the Taconic State Parkway crash just north of New York City. Schuler's lawyer hasn't returned a telephone message seeking comment.
Schuler has disputed autopsy findings that his wife had been drinking and smoking marijuana on July 26 when she drove her minivan the wrong way for nearly two miles before the fiery wreck.
Diane Schuler, her daughter and three nieces in the minivan and three men in the SUV were killed.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
REPORT A TYPO || GET WIDGET
VIDEO: Eyewitness News || VIDEO: ABC News || VIEWER PHOTOS & VIDEOS ||
diane schuler, taconic parkway accident, local news
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos