DA, police meet on Taconic crash
NEW YORK -- The Westchester district attorney may be ready to announce whether criminal charges will be filed in the wrong-way crash that killed eight people.
State police investigators are meeting with D.A. Janet DiFiore on Tuesday to review the case. And a family spokesman says some of the victims' relatives have been invited to meet with her afterward.
Diane Schuler of West Babylon drove her minivan the wrong way on the Taconic Parkway July 26. She smashed into an SUV, killing herself, her 2-year-old daughter, three nieces and three men in the SUV.
An autopsy found she had been drinking and smoking marijuana.
Lawyers have said it would be difficult to prove that Schuler's husband, Daniel, knew his wife was intoxicated and failed to stop her.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
REPORT A TYPO || GET WIDGET
VIDEO: Eyewitness News || VIDEO: ABC News || VIEWER PHOTOS & VIDEOS ||
diane schuler, taconic parkway accident, local news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild 24 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North trains collide, 60 people injured
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Woman, boyfriend found shot to death in NJ park
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport 21 min ago
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos