Box-O-Box your favorite college student
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- The fall is right around the corner, and that means class is back in session. And for your favorite college student, you may want to send them a care package.
Now, one local company is making it easy with packages perfect for even the hardest to please person.
Care packages got their start during World War II, when people would send packages to soldiers. They were little distractions or comforts. And it turns out students love care packages too, but they've got to be filled with the right stuff.
Mike Hauke turned his college care package disasters into a post-college business. He and his college friend Justin Zucker launched Box-O-Box in 2006.
Since then, the two New Jersey natives have been sending out boxes loaded with goodies to campuses around the country.
So far, there are 24 different kinds of care packages available, including the Box-O-Birthday and the Box-O-Detox, which comes with tea and remedy drinks, plus some chocolate and even a bag to throw up in.
And yes, parents are the ones sending those out. The young entrepreneurs do plenty of research when developing each box, sometimes polling parents, but usually recent grads so that they know their audience.
They're also branching out into boxes for events and corporations, even for the non-profit they're starting about breast cancer awareness. For these two University of Massachusetts graduates, they see a box for any and every occasion. And it's amazing what a box of stuff can do.
"It makes us feel good that we're still in tune with college market," Hauke said. "And parents say, 'You're cool and hip,' even though we're six years out of college."
Box-O-Box prices range from $39.99 to $59.99, plus shipping.
For more information, visit BoxOBox.com.
WEB PRODUCED BY: Bill King
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
REPORT A TYPO || GET WIDGET
VIDEO: Eyewitness News || VIDEO: ABC News || VIEWER PHOTOS & VIDEOS ||
local news, lauren glassberg
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard 21 min ago
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
34 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying...
21 min ago