Sisters sue church, pastor over sex
PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- Two sisters from Long Island have filed a civil suit against a Patchogue church and its former pastor.
Cindy Gallo and Valerie Spielman claim Grace Gospel Church's pastor, Lawrence Carrino, manipulated them into having sex with him under the guise of romance and God-ordained love. The sisters say they received years of counseling from Carrino, who has since moved to Minnesota. They claim he took advantage of their psychological weaknesses in order to set up the trysts.
The sisters were initally not aware of each other's relationship with the pastor, but found out over time.
A state law prevents civil suits alleging seduction between consenting adults, but a Suffolk Supreme Court judge denied the church's motion to have the case dismissed.
Carrino was reportedly fired by the church after he disclosed extramarital affairs.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
- Cuomo to announce deal between MTA and Union 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 3 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 10 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014