Woman, 76, hit by car at bus stop
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- In Brooklyn, an elderly woman is in critical condition after a car struck her as she stood at a bus stop.
The accident happened at the corner of Utica and Foster Avenues in East Flatbush Tuesday afternoon.
Police say an SUV was speeding when it slammed into a car trying to make a turn.
The impact catapulted the car up onto the sidewalk and into a 76 year old woman.
The victim was rushed to the hospital, where she remained Tuesday night. Her name was not released.
Police say the driver of the SUV had a suspended license.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse