Suspects arraigned in Bronx teen shooting
BRONX -- A baby-faced 16-year-old and four other young men have been arraigned on attempted murder charges in a Bronx shooting that left an innocent bystander in critical condition.
The suspects did not enter pleas on Thursday. They are being held until their next court date, on Nov. 23.
Prosecutors say 15-year-old Vada Vasquez was shot as she walked home from school. She is in a medically induced coma.
Prosecutors say the suspects had targeted 19-year-old Tyrone Creighton after his brothers got involved in a fight at Rikers Island prison. He has a bullet in his lung.
Defense attorneys did not return calls seeking comment. The mother of two of them said outside court her sons were innocent.
The defendants are also charged with assault and criminal possession of a weapon.
new york city, bronx, shooting, local news
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 19 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 11 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
19 min ago