Suspects arraigned in Bronx teen shooting
BRONX -- A baby-faced 16-year-old and four other young men have been arraigned on attempted murder charges in a Bronx shooting that left an innocent bystander in critical condition.
The suspects did not enter pleas on Thursday. They are being held until their next court date, on Nov. 23.
Prosecutors say 15-year-old Vada Vasquez was shot as she walked home from school. She is in a medically induced coma.
Prosecutors say the suspects had targeted 19-year-old Tyrone Creighton after his brothers got involved in a fight at Rikers Island prison. He has a bullet in his lung.
Defense attorneys did not return calls seeking comment. The mother of two of them said outside court her sons were innocent.
The defendants are also charged with assault and criminal possession of a weapon.
new york city, bronx, shooting, local news
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 4 min ago
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos