Elementary students arrested on weapons charges
BRONX (WABC) -- Two 3rd grade boys and a 5th grader have been arrested on charges they brought a box cutter and a knife to a Bronx school.
The incident happened on Wednesday morning at P.S. 2 at 1260 Franklin Avenue.
Police said they responded to a call of a child with a knife. When NYPD arrived, School Safety Agents said they had a 9-year-old in custody who was allegedly carrying a box cutter.
As the investigation continued, NYPD officers took two additional students, ages 8 and 11, into custody and recovered a knife.
Police said the boys were plotting to assault someone.
The names of the boys were withheld due to their ages.
They are charged with conspiracy to commit a crime and criminal possession of a weapon.
new york city, bronx, crime, school violence, local news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance 1 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County 19 min ago
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen