Elementary students arrested on weapons charges
BRONX (WABC) -- Two 3rd grade boys and a 5th grader have been arrested on charges they brought a box cutter and a knife to a Bronx school.
The incident happened on Wednesday morning at P.S. 2 at 1260 Franklin Avenue.
Police said they responded to a call of a child with a knife. When NYPD arrived, School Safety Agents said they had a 9-year-old in custody who was allegedly carrying a box cutter.
As the investigation continued, NYPD officers took two additional students, ages 8 and 11, into custody and recovered a knife.
Police said the boys were plotting to assault someone.
The names of the boys were withheld due to their ages.
They are charged with conspiracy to commit a crime and criminal possession of a weapon.
new york city, bronx, crime, school violence, local news
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache
- Amanda Bynes arrested, allegedly tosses bong out window
- Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea
- Man beaten by subway performers on F train in Astoria
- Brooklyn robber terrorizing teens with knife, box cutter
- Police hunt for man targeting Queens change machines
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- GMA's 2013 Summer Concert Series kicks off Friday
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos