One dead, one injured in hit and run on Staten Island
NEW DORP (WABC) -- Another hit and run accident left one senior citizen dead and his wife seriously injured on Staten Island.
Police said the two seniors were struck by a van at New Dorp Lane and 3rd Street in the New Dorp section at 7:15 p.m. The vehicle fled the scene.
A 78-year-old man was killed, while his 79-year-old wife was listed in serious but stable condition at the hospital.
Investigators determined that a white Ford Econoline van traveling west on New Dorp Lane had hit the couple. The vehicle sped away in the direction of Richmond and Amboy Roads.
Witnesses at the scene said the couple was going to Thanksgiving eve mass at Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church.
They said the priest ran out of the church after the accident and delivered last rites.
Their names have not been released pending notification of family.
breaking news, staten island, new dorp, hit and run accident, local news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 23 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents 5 min ago
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines