Real Black Friday outage at Bridgewater Mall
BRIDGEWATER -- Black Friday began truly black at one New Jersey Mall.
Customers at the Radio Shack store in the Bridgewater Commons Mall used flashlights to search for high-tech bargains as a power outage affected several stores shortly after the mall's 6 a.m. opening.
The staff used hand-written tickets to process sales before the lights came on there and at most other stores about 45 minutes later.
However, Bloomingdale's - one of the mall's anchors - remained in the dark as of 2 p.m., and it was not known when or if power would be restored there. Employees standing at the store's entrances handed out $15 mall gift cards.
The cause of the outage remained unclear Friday afternoon.
new jersey, black friday, holiday shopping, local news
- 3 critical after fire tears through Brooklyn home 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 14 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique 3 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated 8 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn 16 min ago
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident