Real Black Friday outage at Bridgewater Mall
BRIDGEWATER -- Black Friday began truly black at one New Jersey Mall.
Customers at the Radio Shack store in the Bridgewater Commons Mall used flashlights to search for high-tech bargains as a power outage affected several stores shortly after the mall's 6 a.m. opening.
The staff used hand-written tickets to process sales before the lights came on there and at most other stores about 45 minutes later.
However, Bloomingdale's - one of the mall's anchors - remained in the dark as of 2 p.m., and it was not known when or if power would be restored there. Employees standing at the store's entrances handed out $15 mall gift cards.
The cause of the outage remained unclear Friday afternoon.
new jersey, black friday, holiday shopping, local news
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents 15 min ago
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head 14 min ago
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
13 min ago