NY 'Junior Gotti' jury is returning
NEW YORK -- The jury considering racketeering charges against John "Junior" Gotti is returning after a long holiday break.
The federal jurors in Manhattan were slated for Day 11 of deliberations on Tuesday.
That's a record for the 45-year-old Gotti's four racketeering trials. Earlier trials all ended with deadlocked juries.
Twice, the jurors considering the current charges have said they were deadlocked. Each time the judge instructed them to try again.
Prosecutors say the son of the late Gambino family mob boss ordered or participated in several brutal attacks since the 1980s, including three murders.
Attorneys for Gotti say he quit the Mafia in 1999 and never participated in killings.
john gotti jr., new york city, local news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 21 min ago
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span 21 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych hospital 41 min ago
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych...
41 min ago