NY 'Junior Gotti' jury is returning
NEW YORK -- The jury considering racketeering charges against John "Junior" Gotti is returning after a long holiday break.
The federal jurors in Manhattan were slated for Day 11 of deliberations on Tuesday.
That's a record for the 45-year-old Gotti's four racketeering trials. Earlier trials all ended with deadlocked juries.
Twice, the jurors considering the current charges have said they were deadlocked. Each time the judge instructed them to try again.
Prosecutors say the son of the late Gambino family mob boss ordered or participated in several brutal attacks since the 1980s, including three murders.
Attorneys for Gotti say he quit the Mafia in 1999 and never participated in killings.
john gotti jr., new york city, local news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos