Woman, 65, killed by bus in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A bus struck and killed a 65 year old woman in Bergen Beach on Wednesday.
The accident happened near the intersection of Avenue U and East 71st Street just before 7:00 p.m.
Authorities said the B4 bus was turning off 71st Street and pulling into the bus stop on Avenue U. The driver saw the woman lying in the street in his rear view mirror, apparently unaware that he had hit her.
Police said at this point no criminality is suspected.
The victim's name was not released pending notification of family.
new york city, brooklyn, accident, local news
- Weather puts damper on Coney Island businesses
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest made in Charles Butler case
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Bethpage Air Show on for Sunday
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos