Liver transplant recipient is missing
COMMACK, N.Y. (WABC) -- Suffolk County Police are asking for help locating a missing man who recently received a liver transplant.
Sayed David Asghari, 25, left his home on Fairfield Way in Commack last Friday at 3:30 p.m. and he has not been seen since.
He left without taking his required medication including his anti-rejection medication.
Asghari may have taken the Long Island Railroad to New York City, police said.
Asghari is described as a Middle Eastern man, with a thin build, 5 feet 9 inches tall, approximately 140 pounds, with green eyes and brown hair. He was last seen wearing a black jacket, black jeans and blue and white sneakers. Asghari has a large abdominal scar from the liver transplant. He may not be carrying any identification.
Detectives are asking anyone who may have information about Asghari to call the Missing Persons Section at 631-852-6194.
long island, suffolk county, commack, missing person, local news
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos