Jasmina finally meets with President Obama
WASHINGTON (WABC) -- Six-year-old Jasmina Anema finally visited with President Barack Obama Wednesday after her earlier visit was postponed.
The cancer-stricken girl had been hospitalized in Washington for an apparent seizure.
Jasmina, who is from Grenwich Village, was taken by her mother to Children's Hospital in Washington hours before she was to meet with President Obama last Wednesday. She was also to attend the ceremonial pardoning of the first turkey.
Jasmina received her leukemia diagnosis back on January 20, 2009, the same day that Obama was inaugurated.
The Make-a-Wish Foundation set up the meeting with the president.
On Wednesday, she spent 10 magical minutes with him. He presented her with a box of M&Ms, emblazoned with the presidential seal and his name, as well as a presidential yo-yo.
"It was like they were really best buddies," Jasmina's mom, Thea Anema, told the New York Daily News. "It was just how he spoke to her, like a daddy. It was so sweet. He was really relating to her."
new york city, jasmina anema, barack obama, leukemia, local news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 16 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 40 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 37 min ago
- Missing jet drastically veered off course 34 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
16 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos