Jewelry store robbery caught on camera
FAR ROCKAWAY (WABC) -- Police have a cell waiting for the suspects as soon as they track them down.
The suspects thought they had everything covered -- they got the cash, stole jewelry and even dismantled part of the surveillance system.
What they didn't realize -- other cameras rolling the whole time.
Jewelry store owner Sung Kyoo Park survived the terrorizing heist.
"They said, 'Don't move. Don't move. If you do, I will kill you,'" Park explained.
Four robbery suspects, two brandishing guns, were roaming Goldfashion Jewelry on Mott Avenue last Saturday.
There were customers inside the store when the robbery began, but the suspects let them leave.
They apparently wanted to terrorize the owner, an employee and the owner's 73 year old dad.
"I was very terrified," Park said.
You can't see it, but the suspects slapped handcuffs on the 73-year-old man. He gets up and tries to escape, but one of them runs him down and tosses him back into the store.
Seven different cameras were rolling on it all.
You see one suspect watching the door. You see the suspects grabbing the trays of jewelry, stacking them on the display case. You see another suspect going to the back of the store to clean out the safe.
Back out front, the 73-year-old is seen getting shoved into a display case and then another suspect knocks him to the ground before stuffing what appears to be a gun in his waist band and leaving the store.
That 73-year-old took the brunt of their anger. He's recovering at home. Fortunately, he's going to be ok.
The suspects got away with about 100-thousand dollars worth of jewelry and two thousand dollars worth of cash.
They fled on Mott Avenue towards Beach 22nd Street, police said.
The suspects are described as black males in their early 20s, though two may have been Hispanic. One suspect was wearing a navy blue Yankees jacket with a large Yankees emblem on the left chest and a patch on the left shoulder. All four suspects wore baseball hats, while two of the suspects wore hoods over the hats.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, queens, far rockaway, crime, robbery, caught on tape, local news, jeff pegues
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures