Sentencing day for St. Senator Monserrate
QUEENS (WABC) -- New York State Senator Hiram Monserrate will be sentenced on Friday for assaulting his girlfriend.
The Democrat from Queens faces up to a year in prison for misdemeanor assault.
He was convicted in October for recklessly injuring his girlfriend as he dragged her out of his apartment in Jackson Heights last December. The incident was caught on tape.
Monserrate was acquitted of felony assault for allegedly slashing her face.
new york city, queens, hiram monserrate, local news
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos 33 min ago
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures 33 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- NJ Transit delays due to problems on Portal Bridge
- Snow coming down in New York City 49 min ago
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow
- Snow falling on Long Island 9 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial 7 min ago
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Port Authority relocating owls that are threat to planes
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service 12 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos