Sentencing day for St. Senator Monserrate
QUEENS (WABC) -- New York State Senator Hiram Monserrate will be sentenced on Friday for assaulting his girlfriend.
The Democrat from Queens faces up to a year in prison for misdemeanor assault.
He was convicted in October for recklessly injuring his girlfriend as he dragged her out of his apartment in Jackson Heights last December. The incident was caught on tape.
Monserrate was acquitted of felony assault for allegedly slashing her face.
new york city, queens, hiram monserrate, local news
- Workers recover Bible as East Harlem debris cleared 12 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn 50 min ago
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Workers recover Bible as East Harlem debris...
12 min ago