51-year-old woman killed in Brooklyn shooting
Brooklyn, NY (WABC) -- It happened around 9:30 Sunday night at Clifton Place and Franklin Avenue in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn.
A 51-year-old woman was shot in the head. She died at the scene.
Witnesses say the victim went outside when she heard a commotion, and got shot.
A 14-year-old boy was also shot in the leg. He was taken to Kings County Hospital in stable condition.
Another 25-year-old man was assaulted at the scene. He suffered a cut to his head.
He was taken to the police precinct where he is reportedly "not cooperative" to police.
A friend of the victim said, "I'm sad and deeply hurt. She's a long-time family member, extended family member, and my condolences go out to the family right now."
Other friends of the victim say that she was very active in the community.
So far, no arrests have been made.
new york city, local news, lucy yang
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation