Teachers caught in alleged naked romp in classroom
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- The alleged classroom tryst is the talk of the school at James Madison high.
Although some students told Eyewitness News they had been issued a warning by other teachers and staff.
"They told us not to talk to anyone and stuff," said 12th grader Tijo Thomas.
The chatter centers around two female language instructors, French teacher Cindy Mauro, 33, and 29-year-old married Spanish instructor Alini Brito.
A janitor apparently caught the pair naked in an empty classroom and reported it to school officials.
Senior Irma Buzhinskya is one of Brito's former students.
"They're very professional and all these are just rumors. It's like he said-she said. It's just a bunch of rumors and if they do an investigation about this, I believe it's gonna come out to be all rumors," said Buzhinskya.
The Department of Education will only confirm that it's investigating an incident of employee misconduct saying, "the two teachers, who are tenured, have been reassigned, pending the outcome of the investigation."
One parent agrees with the department's actions so far.
"I think they've taken the right measure. Innocent until proven guilty," he said.
Students described both teachers as popular and professional, and seemed inclined to dismiss the allegations as nothing more than a smeer campaign.
"It's probably someone who doesn't like them. They're trying to ruin the image of the school. And we're not like that. It's a really good school. Nothing even happens in this school," said Juan Pablo Pettit.
new york city, brooklyn, local news, sandra bookman
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield 32 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Up Close with Diana Williams