Family of wrong-way crash victims file lawsuit
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (WABC) -- A lawsuit has been filed in the wrong-way crash on the Taconic Parkway, that killed 8 people.
A road to justice the Bastardi family hopes will lead to some answers.
Five months after the horrific crash that killed eight people on the Taconic State Parkway, the family of two of the victims is filing the lawsuit.
In July, Michael and Guy Bastardi were killed when a minivan slammed into them head on.
The van was being driven the wrong way by Diane Schuler. The fiery crash also killed Schuler, her daughter, and three nieces. Toxicology results showed Schuler was drunk and high at the time.
The Westchester District Attorney concluded Schuler was the only person who could have been prosecuted, so no one will face criminal charges connected to the crash. But the Bastardi's hope deposing people under oath will shed new light on the circumstances and possibly determine if anyone can be held accountable.
The lawsuit claims father and son did not die on impact and were subject to extreme pain and suffering.
Since the crash Schuler's husband Daniel has denied his wife had a drinking problem.
taconic parkway accident, diane schuler, local news, marcus solis
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out 40 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring 54 min ago
- Russians, Crimeans discuss referendum on joining Russia
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game'...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos