3 dogs shot, 1 killed in NJ
Morris County, NJ (WABC) -- "We don't feel safe in our own house," said Debbie Ambrose, the dogs' owner.
Ambrose has two jobs and three kids. She used to have 3 dogs too, until one of them was shot in her own yard.
Just last month, 7 month old canine Ellie ran into the house, up the stairs, and collapsed in the hallway.
"We took her immediately to the vet, she died before we could get there in the backseat on my son's lap, it was horrible," explained Ambrose.
The vet confirmed that Ellie had been shot in the belly by a pellet gun. Debbie immediately returned home and checked her two other dogs and realized that they had been shot too.
Vernon, the oldest dog was limping from a pellet that hit his leg.
Sadie, the little one, had been hit as well.
Debbie's 11-year-old son Robbie says he's scared.
Vernon is also scared, he stays close to the house whenever he goes outside.
Everyone in the neighborhood says that they feel on edge by the dog shootings.
"I walk down there now, I have little dogs, I won't walk them at night anymore," said neighbor Tracy Rosen.
The police say they have a good idea of who shot the dogs, but the problem is, they have no proof. Police say there is no way of telling what gun the pellets came from, and there are no eyewitnesses.
So, until Ellie's killer is caught, the quiet, rural neighborhood in Morris County will remain on guard, wondering who among them could be so cruel, so vicious, and so deadly.
new jersey, dog, shooting, morris county, local news, phil lipof
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement 25 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in...
25 min ago