Family searching for missing teen
UNIONDALE, N.Y. (WABC) -- There is a desperate search for a teenager missing on Long Island for more than a month.
Sean Wagner left his house on November 19 to go to school, but he never arrived and he hasn't been heard from since.
Inside the Wagner family home, the presents are under the tree, but this Christmas, there's no joy here.
"I can't tell you what I'm going through," Anne Wagner said with tears in her eyes.
More than a month ago Wagner's grandson, Sean, left for school at Nassau County Community College.
But he never came home.
"I don't know if he's eating, if he's sleeping. I don't know what kind of environment -- if I know that, I can go on with my life," she said.
Police tell Eyewitness News they don't believe there was any foul play here, but after Sean stopped using his cell phone on November 19, investigators triangulated its signal to the Ravenswood Public Houses in Long Island City.
Sean's family can't imagine what he might be doing there, but they've papered the project with flyers and started a Facebook page devoted to bringing him home.
Above all else, with Christmas hours away, they hope.
"This is the worst year of my life. Nothing matters to me. I'm only going through the motions because I have to," Wagner said.
If you have any information regarding Sean's whereabouts, please contact his family at 516-481-6746.
long island, uniondale, missing person, local news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
28 min ago