Newark police officers hurt in crash
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- Two Newark police officers responding to an assist call were injured Sunday when their marked police cruiser struck two parked cars and flipped over.
The officers, whose names were not released, were being treated at University Hospital in Newark for injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
Further details about the crash, including what kind of incident the officers were responding to, were not immediately disclosed.
Det. Todd McClendon, a police spokesman, said no one else was hurt in the crash that occurred shortly before 5 a.m. in the 200 block of 1st Street.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
new jersey, newark, accident, police accident, local news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 20 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Jersey City water main break repaired 1 min ago
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 1 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 45 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 15 min ago
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together 5 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos