Queens Man killed in tugboat accident
SECAUCUS, N.J. (WABC) -- An accident on a northern New Jersey river has claimed the life of a tugboat worker from New York City.
State police say Ricardo Young was fatally crushed early Sunday after he became tangled in some cables.
The 50-year-old Queens man apparently was trying to tighten the connections between the Turecamo Girls tugboat he was on and the vessel it was pulling along the Hackensack River when the accident occurred around 2 a.m.
His body was later taken to a nearby dock in Secaucus.
new jersey, secaucus, queens, accident, local news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run 54 min ago
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
20 min ago