Queens Man killed in tugboat accident
SECAUCUS, N.J. (WABC) -- An accident on a northern New Jersey river has claimed the life of a tugboat worker from New York City.
State police say Ricardo Young was fatally crushed early Sunday after he became tangled in some cables.
The 50-year-old Queens man apparently was trying to tighten the connections between the Turecamo Girls tugboat he was on and the vessel it was pulling along the Hackensack River when the accident occurred around 2 a.m.
His body was later taken to a nearby dock in Secaucus.
new jersey, secaucus, queens, accident, local news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box 57 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act