Bronx man arrested in deadly accident in Yonkers
YONKERS (WABC) -- A Bronx man has been arrested in a deadly DWI accident in Yonkers.
The accident happened around 11:45 Monday night on Central Park Avenue northbound at McLean Avenue.
Investigators said a 1998 Ford crashed into a 2010 Hyundai driven by a 65-year-old man. A 63-year-old woman was also in the vehicle.
Members of the Emergency Service Unit extricated the occupants of the Hyundai, and both were transported by ambulance to an area trauma center. The driver later died. Police have not released their names, but said both are Yonkers residents.
The driver of the Ford was identified as Peter Duah, 40, of 832 East 218th Street in the Bronx. He has been placed under arrest for driving while intoxicated and he was remanded to the Westchester County Medical Center.
Police say Duah caused not one, but two accidents. The NYPD says Duah rear ended two cars, including an unmarked police cruiser, at Gun Hill Road and White Plains Road. Duah allegedly took off north, and the police car too damaged to give chase. Two officers and the driver of the second vehicle were hospitalized.
Sources say Duah's blood alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit.
police accident, yonkers, local news, marcus solis
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 59 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 8 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 11 min ago
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins 12 min ago
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports 47 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
12 min ago