Murdered boy had damage to lung, artery
MORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- An autopsy shows that the 9-year-old New Jersey boy suffered a perforated left lung and carotid artery.
The stabbing was the result of a fight over a video game, investigators said.
Anthony Maldonado was visiting relatives on LaSalle Street in Morningside Heights.
Police said at 3:00 a.m., Maldonado was playing video games on the 6th floor of the Grant Homes.
Just moments later, he was knocking on his uncle's door saying he was bleeding.
"He was in my room door. He said, 'Uncle, I'm being stabbed. I'm being stabbed,' and then he fell on the floor," said Carolos Juela, the victim's uncle.
Maldonado from Palisades Park, New Jersey, died as doctors tried to rescue him at nearby St. Luke's Hospital.
Police arrested Alejandro Morales, 25, Saturday afternoon.
Morales, described as a friend of the family, was arraigned on murder charges on Sunday.
new york city, morningside heights, crime, murder, stabbing, local news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 9 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power 53 min ago
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale 34 min ago
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall 33 min ago
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a...
34 min ago
- Could certain yoga movements cause a stroke?
59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
9 min ago