Murdered boy had damage to lung, artery
MORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- An autopsy shows that the 9-year-old New Jersey boy suffered a perforated left lung and carotid artery.
The stabbing was the result of a fight over a video game, investigators said.
Anthony Maldonado was visiting relatives on LaSalle Street in Morningside Heights.
Police said at 3:00 a.m., Maldonado was playing video games on the 6th floor of the Grant Homes.
Just moments later, he was knocking on his uncle's door saying he was bleeding.
"He was in my room door. He said, 'Uncle, I'm being stabbed. I'm being stabbed,' and then he fell on the floor," said Carolos Juela, the victim's uncle.
Maldonado from Palisades Park, New Jersey, died as doctors tried to rescue him at nearby St. Luke's Hospital.
Police arrested Alejandro Morales, 25, Saturday afternoon.
Morales, described as a friend of the family, was arraigned on murder charges on Sunday.
new york city, morningside heights, crime, murder, stabbing, local news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos