Person questioned in the Zazi terror probe arrested
QUEENS (WABC) -- A bizarre turn of events in Queens led to the arrest of a man who has been questioned in the past as part of the Najibullah Zazi terror investigation.
Adis Medunjanin, who was interviewed twice in the immediate aftermath of the bomb plot, left his Flushing home driving erratically following the execution of a warrant there, investigators said.
Medunjanin's attorney, Robert Gottlieb, said investigators were looking to seize his passport.
Law enforcement sources said a surveillance team was following Medunjanin, who they said rear ended another vehicle at the Whitestone Expressway and then attempted to flee the scene.
Medunjanin was charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
He was treated for injuries sustained in the accident at New York Hospital Queens, police said.
In an interview outside his apartment in September, Medunjanin told Eyewitness News reporter N.J. Burkett that he would be surprised if Najibullah Zazi were part of a terror plot.
"The Najib I know, I never seen any of those signs," he said.
Zazi was arrested last September on charges of plotting to carry out acts of terrorism against the United States.
queens, flushing, accident, najibullah zazi, local news
- Yonkers fire injures family of four
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year 23 min ago
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen 31 min ago
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Infant brought to NYC hospital by parents pronounced dead 50 min ago
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket