Two new workouts for the New Year
New York (WABC) -- It's a New Year, so why not try two new workouts to help you reach those New Year's resolution goals.
It looks like a balance beam that lays flat on the floor, but still requires you to balance.
That's where the workout comes in.
Jennifer Galardi teaches the beaming class at "Crunch" where the moves might not be the most aerobic, but they're surprisingly difficult.
It's a relief to many beginners that this beam isn't in the air.
At least if you fall off, you won't go far.
The moves run the gamat, with the beam being used in a variety of ways.
While beaming keeps you grounded, why not step into a pair of kangoo boots.
Once you do, you can practically fly.
Mario Green teaches the "Boing" class, which is also at "Crunch".
In this workout, you jump up and down.
In fact, with the kangoo boots on, standing still is near impossible. Green says, worry not. The boots are stable and it's impossible to fall in them.
The jumping works on your core and your legs, with significantly less impact than running.
Green says you burn upwards for 1,000 calories in a 45 minute class.
Some people have a hard time finishing this class, but you can work your way up to that.
If you would are interested in Beaming and Kangoo classes: CLICK HERE.
Eyewitness News viewers are invited to try out the gym for free with a one week guest pass.
To redeem the guest pass text CRUNCH to 24474, or visit their website at www.crunch.com.
new york city, weight gain, new year, local news, lauren glassberg
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Queens hit and run 44 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks head 19 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
8 min ago