Fire destroys businesses in Milburn, New Jersey
MILLBURN (WABC) -- A stubborn four-alarm fire broke out at a commercial building in Millburn, New Jersey, Sunday afternoon.
The blaze appeared to have started in the basement of at 517 Millburn Avenue.
Most of the damaged was contained to a clothing store called Unica that had previously closed. That part of the building, which was under renovation, had the front of the store burned out.
The fire spread through the basement and cockloft, the area above the main floor.
Firefighters had to evacuate the building about 90 minutes after they first arrived with flames began shooting out the roof at about 1 p.m.
Units from Springfield, Irvngton, Newark, Summit, Maplewood, West Orange, South Orange and Livingston were helping battle the flames.
new jersey, millburn, fire, local news
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment 18 min ago
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt 24 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers...
50 min ago