Teen killed in deadly car accident on LI
HAUPPAUGE (WABC) -- Police are investigating a deadly car accident on Long Island that killed a 16-year-old boy.
Suffolk County police say three teens were in the car when the 18-year-old driver, identified as Jonathan Buckley, lost control of his 2002 Nissan Altima and slammed into a tree Monday night.
It happened on Sandra Drive in Hauppauge just before 10 p.m.
Authorities say 16-year-old passenger Michael Cisternas was seriously hurt in the crash and was rushed to St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center in Smithtown, where he was pronounced dead at 12:45 a.m. Tuesday.
Buckley and his 16-year-old sister Lynn, who was also a passenger in the car, were transported to Stony Brook University Medical Center for treatment of their injuries. They were both treated and released.
long island, accident, hauppauge, local news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash