Teen murdered while walking dog in Brooklyn
FLATBUSH (WABC) -- A face of hope and promise, 19-year old Pharley Petigny is now the face of a young man tragically lost.
"Man, it's crazy because like it's gangs. It's gangs, you know what I mean," said neighbor Nathan Charles.
Who Petigny encountered while walking his dog, a gang or one person, at Beverley Street and East 31st in Flatbush and what might have been the motive are nagging questions after he was suddenly shot. It happened around 7:00 on Monday night.
"Three shots rang out. He is hit in the shoulder. He then runs several blocks and he dies as a result," Commissioner Raymond Kelly said.
The end of a young 19-year-old life happened just a block from his home, where a number of school safety officers mourned his death with his family in seclusion. His mother is a safety officer.
There was promise with this young man. Friends and family confirm he attended classes at Kingsborough Community College, even worked two jobs.
Now a patrol officer walks a lonely beat here as they search for a suspect after another young life is lost to senseless gun violence.
new york city, flatbush, brooklyn, murder, shooting, local news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 1 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 36 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos