Teen murdered while walking dog in Brooklyn
FLATBUSH (WABC) -- A face of hope and promise, 19-year old Pharley Petigny is now the face of a young man tragically lost.
"Man, it's crazy because like it's gangs. It's gangs, you know what I mean," said neighbor Nathan Charles.
Who Petigny encountered while walking his dog, a gang or one person, at Beverley Street and East 31st in Flatbush and what might have been the motive are nagging questions after he was suddenly shot. It happened around 7:00 on Monday night.
"Three shots rang out. He is hit in the shoulder. He then runs several blocks and he dies as a result," Commissioner Raymond Kelly said.
The end of a young 19-year-old life happened just a block from his home, where a number of school safety officers mourned his death with his family in seclusion. His mother is a safety officer.
There was promise with this young man. Friends and family confirm he attended classes at Kingsborough Community College, even worked two jobs.
Now a patrol officer walks a lonely beat here as they search for a suspect after another young life is lost to senseless gun violence.
new york city, flatbush, brooklyn, murder, shooting, local news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review 27 min ago
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 35 min ago
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say 16 min ago
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million