Woman dies after procedure, possibly abortion
QUEENS (WABC) -- A woman died after undergoing a medical procedure, believed to be an abortion, at an office-based practice in the Jackson Heights section of Queens.
Emergency workers responded to A1 Medicine at 95-45 Roosevelt Avenue at around 3:15 p.m. Monday.
They rushed a 30-year-old woman, who was bleeding profusely, to Elmhurst Hospital Center, where she was pronounced dead.
new york city, queens, abortion, local news
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia