Brooklyn woman dies in fire
CARNARSIE (WABC) -- A 46-year old woman died in her sleep when her cigarette apparently set her apartment ablaze in the Canarsie section of Brooklyn.
Investigators said Sandra Lubin apparently fell asleep when her still-burning cigarette ignited her fifth floor apartment in the Bayview Houses on East 102nd Street.
The intense fire prevented Lubin's daughter from reaching her mother.
Firefighters raced to the apartment just before 6:30 a.m, but they were also turned by the heavy smoke.
Lubin's body was discovered in her bed once the fire was extinguished.
One other resident sustained a minor injury.
fire, brooklyn, carnarsie, deadly fire, local news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado 21 min ago
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Elderly man falls in Hudson off of Pier 84
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers