Power restored in North Jersey
N. BERGEN, N.J. (WABC) -- Thousands of customers in parts of Hudson and Bergen counties lost power for a couple of hours on Wednesday night.
PSE&G said ten thousand customers lost power at the height of the outage. Officials said a preliminary estimate of 50,000 customers without power was wrong.
The outage was blamed on equipment problems at two substations in West New York and North Bergen apparently caused by a transformer explosion.
They had reports of power out in at least four towns - Guttenberg, North Bergen, West New York and Cliffside Park.
Power was restored to most if not all homes by 8:00 p.m., officials said.
new jersey, hudson county, bergen county, power outage, local news
- South Plainfield High School lockdown lifted 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 14 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 19 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 23 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 10 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 20 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3...
10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
14 min ago