Dying mom's wish answered
PORT JEFFERSON (WABC) -- A mother's dying wish to see her son one last time has been answered.
Irvin Vega, 13, left Mexico to come to see his ailing mother on long island for the first time ever.
Marta Perez Martinez was smuggled into the U.S. six years ago to find work, leaving Irvin behind.
When she was diagnosed with terminal cancer, she wanted desperately to see her son.
Thanks to a humanitarian visa issued to Irvin, her dying wish came true.
Grief counselors at a hospice caring for Martinez in Port Jefferson are helping Irvin cope with the ordeal.
long island, port jefferson, local news
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos