Dying mom's wish answered
PORT JEFFERSON (WABC) -- A mother's dying wish to see her son one last time has been answered.
Irvin Vega, 13, left Mexico to come to see his ailing mother on long island for the first time ever.
Marta Perez Martinez was smuggled into the U.S. six years ago to find work, leaving Irvin behind.
When she was diagnosed with terminal cancer, she wanted desperately to see her son.
Thanks to a humanitarian visa issued to Irvin, her dying wish came true.
Grief counselors at a hospice caring for Martinez in Port Jefferson are helping Irvin cope with the ordeal.
long island, port jefferson, local news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 4 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify 56 min ago
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 4 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 44 min ago