Coyotes spotted at Columbia University
MANHATTAN (WABC) -- Three coyotes were spotted Sunday morning on the Columbia University campus in Morningside Heights.
The NYPD responded to the report, and an officer saw one of the animals and confirmed that it was indeed a coyote.
The university sent an email to students to alert them of the situation, and to warn them not to approach the coyotes if they saw one.
Students seemed more amused than frightened by the prospect of an encounter, with one joking that they could make nice pets.
It's not known where the coyotes came from. A few weeks ago a young coyote was captured in Harlem and taken to the Bronx Zoo.
new york city, local news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says 2 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos