Coyotes spotted at Columbia University
MANHATTAN (WABC) -- Three coyotes were spotted Sunday morning on the Columbia University campus in Morningside Heights.
The NYPD responded to the report, and an officer saw one of the animals and confirmed that it was indeed a coyote.
The university sent an email to students to alert them of the situation, and to warn them not to approach the coyotes if they saw one.
Students seemed more amused than frightened by the prospect of an encounter, with one joking that they could make nice pets.
It's not known where the coyotes came from. A few weeks ago a young coyote was captured in Harlem and taken to the Bronx Zoo.
new york city, local news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 34 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 18 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
18 min ago
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
34 min ago