Dad charged in beating death of infant daughter
AMENIA (WABC) -- A father is under arrest Monday, charged with the murder of his daughter. Officials say the 3-month-old girl died from repeated blunt force trauma.
"I always thought the two of them were going to kill each other with the way they fought," one neighbor said of the parents. "I didn't think they would kill a baby." Dutchess County sheriff's deputies arrested 29-year-old postal worker William Tate on Friday and charged him with the beating death of his 3-month-old daughter Reese. "I can't believe anybody would do that to a baby," said the neighbor, who declined to give her name. Detectives say the attack happened Wednesday, and neighbors confirmed it happened in the Tate's Willow Lane home in Amenia. No one answered the door there Monday. Detectives acknowledged that Tate cooperated with investigators, but they would not detail what sparked the suspect's alleged fit of rage. Detectives said Tate's wife was not home during the alleged attack, but that she later drove her helpless daughter to a Connecticut hospital, where staffers notified the authorities. Tate, meantime, remains locked up without bail inside the Dutchess County jail.
murder, dutchess county, local news, joe torres
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
51 min ago