Dad charged in beating death of infant daughter
AMENIA (WABC) -- A father is under arrest Monday, charged with the murder of his daughter. Officials say the 3-month-old girl died from repeated blunt force trauma.
"I always thought the two of them were going to kill each other with the way they fought," one neighbor said of the parents. "I didn't think they would kill a baby." Dutchess County sheriff's deputies arrested 29-year-old postal worker William Tate on Friday and charged him with the beating death of his 3-month-old daughter Reese. "I can't believe anybody would do that to a baby," said the neighbor, who declined to give her name. Detectives say the attack happened Wednesday, and neighbors confirmed it happened in the Tate's Willow Lane home in Amenia. No one answered the door there Monday. Detectives acknowledged that Tate cooperated with investigators, but they would not detail what sparked the suspect's alleged fit of rage. Detectives said Tate's wife was not home during the alleged attack, but that she later drove her helpless daughter to a Connecticut hospital, where staffers notified the authorities. Tate, meantime, remains locked up without bail inside the Dutchess County jail.
murder, dutchess county, local news, joe torres
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon 37 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
37 min ago