Mother of missing boy in court, pleads for his return
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- The mother of a 7-year-old who disappeared from foster care more than two weeks ago was ordered to bring her son to family court Tuesday.
But Patrick Alford's mom came alone, saying she has no idea where her son is and is desperate to find him.
Alford's mother and family members continue their search for the boy, begging for his safe return.
"It's been 19 days," mom Jennifer Rodriguez said. "I don't have my son, and nobody I know has my son, but I believe my son's alive."
Patrick is 4-foot-8 and weighs 65 pounds. He has a slight build and a distinctive scar over his left eye. Police have searched the Giant Sugar Creek apartment complex, known to many as Starrett City, where Patrick had been in foster care.
"Patrick, if you're out there and you hear me, I love you and I'm going to find you, I promise," Rodriguez said.
Rodriguez had been held briefly by police, but was released on conditions that she help in the search and investigation. Back in family court, she was allowed to remain free and repeated that she did not take her son or know who has him.
Some believe Patrick is a resourceful young boy who could fend for himself out on the streets. But his mother believes he must be getting help from someone.
"I hope somebody is helping him, I just want them to find my son," she said. "And if you're out there, please don't hurt my son. He's just a boy and he needs to be with his family."
It is a family torn apart by the little boy's disappearance and the agonizing search that is seemingly no closer to finding him.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of this missing is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS. The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime stoppers website at CrimeStoppers.com or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
brooklyn, missing person, local news, tim fleischer
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Funeral held for NYPD traffic agent hit by truck
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary