Celebrating African American art in Toledo
As you know, February is Black History Month. For the last 15 years, the 20 North Gallery in downtown Toledo has been celebrating the month with art exhibits from African American artists.
Gallery owner Eric Hillenbrand says, "We have 21 different artists and an amazing array of talent."
Eighty percent of the African American artists on the walls this month at 20 North Gallery are from right here in northwest Ohio.
This year artists have represented what they've seen in national politics with several new works inspired by President Barack Obama.
In addition, the featured artist Aaron Bivins lines the wall with vibrant displays honoring legends of jazz.
This year, if snow keeps you away, the entire show is available online.
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure 2 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- ObamaCare signups surpass 8 million mark 50 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet 24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos