Celebrating African American art in Toledo
As you know, February is Black History Month. For the last 15 years, the 20 North Gallery in downtown Toledo has been celebrating the month with art exhibits from African American artists.
Gallery owner Eric Hillenbrand says, "We have 21 different artists and an amazing array of talent."
Eighty percent of the African American artists on the walls this month at 20 North Gallery are from right here in northwest Ohio.
This year artists have represented what they've seen in national politics with several new works inspired by President Barack Obama.
In addition, the featured artist Aaron Bivins lines the wall with vibrant displays honoring legends of jazz.
This year, if snow keeps you away, the entire show is available online.
- 2 elderly residents hurt in Queens home invasion 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 22 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 23 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 50 min ago
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos