Celebrating African American art in Toledo
As you know, February is Black History Month. For the last 15 years, the 20 North Gallery in downtown Toledo has been celebrating the month with art exhibits from African American artists.
Gallery owner Eric Hillenbrand says, "We have 21 different artists and an amazing array of talent."
Eighty percent of the African American artists on the walls this month at 20 North Gallery are from right here in northwest Ohio.
This year artists have represented what they've seen in national politics with several new works inspired by President Barack Obama.
In addition, the featured artist Aaron Bivins lines the wall with vibrant displays honoring legends of jazz.
This year, if snow keeps you away, the entire show is available online.
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97