1 dead, 1 burned in Passaic fire
PASSAIC (WABC) -- A homeless man was killed and another burned in a fire in a shed in Passaic Tuesday morning.
Eyewitness News is told the fire broke out in a shed behind an apartment building on Wall Street just before 1 a.m.
Police say one homeless man was killed by the flames. Authorities could not immediately identify him because of the severity of the burns.
Additionally, a 48-year-old man was reportedly burned on the foot. He was rushed to the burn unit at St. Barnabas Medical Center in critical condition.
Authorities were looking into whether the victims were living in the shed. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
fire, new jersey, passaic county, local news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected 2 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs 32 min ago
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized 13 min ago
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
2 min ago