1 dead, 1 burned in Passaic fire
PASSAIC (WABC) -- A homeless man was killed and another burned in a fire in a shed in Passaic Tuesday morning.
Eyewitness News is told the fire broke out in a shed behind an apartment building on Wall Street just before 1 a.m.
Police say one homeless man was killed by the flames. Authorities could not immediately identify him because of the severity of the burns.
Additionally, a 48-year-old man was reportedly burned on the foot. He was rushed to the burn unit at St. Barnabas Medical Center in critical condition.
Authorities were looking into whether the victims were living in the shed. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
fire, new jersey, passaic county, local news
- Crews reach basement of East Harlem buildings
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims 7 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt 59 min ago
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon 39 min ago
- Suspect tries to abduct 11-year old boy in Queens
- Here and Now
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams