Police subway sodomy case goes to jury
NEW YORK -- Jurors have started deliberating in the case of three Brooklyn policemen accused of sodomizing a drug suspect in a subway station and covering up the incident.
The jurors started deliberating Wednesday afternoon following a day and a half of summations by attorneys for both sides.
Officer Richard Kern is charged with aggravated sexual abuse and assault. Officers Andrew Morales and Alex Cruz are charged with hindering prosecution. All deny wrongdoing.
Michael Mineo claims he was sodomized with a police baton in a subway station on Oct. 15, 2008.
He is suing the city. Defense attorneys say he's exaggerating claims to get a bigger payday.
new york city, police abuse allegation, sodomy, michael mineo, local news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UConn sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
14 min ago