Police subway sodomy case goes to jury
NEW YORK -- Jurors have started deliberating in the case of three Brooklyn policemen accused of sodomizing a drug suspect in a subway station and covering up the incident.
The jurors started deliberating Wednesday afternoon following a day and a half of summations by attorneys for both sides.
Officer Richard Kern is charged with aggravated sexual abuse and assault. Officers Andrew Morales and Alex Cruz are charged with hindering prosecution. All deny wrongdoing.
Michael Mineo claims he was sodomized with a police baton in a subway station on Oct. 15, 2008.
He is suing the city. Defense attorneys say he's exaggerating claims to get a bigger payday.
new york city, police abuse allegation, sodomy, michael mineo, local news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
12 min ago