It's a group thing: NYC taxi sharing set to roll
NEW YORK -- Save money on New York City taxis? It's not a dream.
Group rates of between $3 and $4 per person are set to be introduced on Monday for taxis on three routes. The plan was initially set to begin Friday, but was pushed back due to the two-day storm set for Thursday and Friday.
Like buses, the taxis have designated departure and drop-off locations.
The departure locations include: West 57th Street and Eighth Avenue; West 72nd Street and Columbus Avenue; and East 72nd Street and Third Avenue.
Taxi and Limousine Commissioner Matthew Daus says passengers will pay less and drivers will make more money.
The group rate only applies to the morning rush hours, 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
TLC staff will be at stands to help riders.
new york city, local news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014