NJ police kill bear that ate pet rabbit
DENVILLE, N.J. -- Police in northern New Jersey shot and killed a 400-pound bear after it ate a pet rabbit.
Joe McCabe says the bruin ripped through the screened porch of his Denville home and devoured his 11-year-old daughter's rabbit, named Blackie.
McCabe also says the bear had rummaged through his garbage that had been left outside.
Police found the bear in a tree near McCabe's home and shot it.
new jersey, local news
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- New measles cases confirmed in New York City 26 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos