Abbate accused of violating probation
February 26, 2010 (CHICAGO) -- A former Chicago Police officer convicted of beating a woman in a bar is charged with violating his probation.
Anthony Abbate allegedly failed a drug test, testing positive for opiates.
In June , Abbate was convicted of beating a female bartender and received probation.
Drug testing is one of the conditions of his probation. if a judge finds that Abbate violated it, prosecutors could ask the judge to resentence the former cop to up to five years in prison.
- AccuWeather Alert: Flash flood warning for NYC 21 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area 1 min ago
- Suspect in custody in Queens bus shooting 16 min ago
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy 11 min ago
- Students injured in Brooklyn pepper spray incident 22 min ago
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Photos: Top Pictures of the Week
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- AccuWeather Alert: Flash flood warning for...
21 min ago