Sexy billboard in Newark draws criticism
NEWARK, NJ (WABC) -- A sexy billboard for jeans in Newark is drawing criticism from the Mayor and citizens.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, some people say two words come into mind when they view a new billboard ad in Newark.
The racy billboard is for Akoo Jeans, a clothing line by rapper T.I.
It's perched at the corner market and Washington Streets in Newark.
It's a busy intersection for the state of New Jersey's largest city.
The Ad snows a woman knelt in front of a man.
His jeans are unbuckled, his underwear is exposed, and her hand is wrapped underneath him.
People on the street said they never noticed the billboard before, but once Eyewitness News pointed it out, they had plenty of opinions.
Many felt it was not right in their community.
Mayor Cory Booker says he's fed up.
In a statement to Eyewitness News, Booker said, "So often when I am out in the community I see kids wearing their pants too low and others using inappropriate language in public." He added while there are lots of fronts to fight, "I will work with my city council to see if we can address it so we don't see these types of advertisements displayed in our city in the near future."
new jersey, local news, carolina leid
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard 7 min ago
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court 31 min ago
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying...
7 min ago