Sexy billboard in Newark draws criticism
NEWARK, NJ (WABC) -- A sexy billboard for jeans in Newark is drawing criticism from the Mayor and citizens.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, some people say two words come into mind when they view a new billboard ad in Newark.
The racy billboard is for Akoo Jeans, a clothing line by rapper T.I.
It's perched at the corner market and Washington Streets in Newark.
It's a busy intersection for the state of New Jersey's largest city.
The Ad snows a woman knelt in front of a man.
His jeans are unbuckled, his underwear is exposed, and her hand is wrapped underneath him.
People on the street said they never noticed the billboard before, but once Eyewitness News pointed it out, they had plenty of opinions.
Many felt it was not right in their community.
Mayor Cory Booker says he's fed up.
In a statement to Eyewitness News, Booker said, "So often when I am out in the community I see kids wearing their pants too low and others using inappropriate language in public." He added while there are lots of fronts to fight, "I will work with my city council to see if we can address it so we don't see these types of advertisements displayed in our city in the near future."
new jersey, local news, carolina leid
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad 52 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 53 min ago
- Bloomberg rides 7 train to station he helped build
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos