Teen critical after falling into open manhole
SMITH TOWN, NY (WABC) -- On Long Island, a teenage boy believed to be a Dunkin Donuts worker was critically injured when he fell in an open manhole.
It happened around 9:30pm outside the Dunking Donuts in Smith Town on Route 347 and Route 111.
Crews pulled the teen out of the manhole, and rushed him to the hospital.
It's believed the manhole cover may have been dislodged by a snow plow.
long island, local news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military 36 min ago
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 38 min ago
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 19 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos