WABC-TV Channel 7 returns to Cablevision subscribers
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Channel 7 has returned to Cablevision's 3.1 million subscribers Sunday night.
The station was restored to Cablevision just as the Academy Awards began on Sunday night.
Below is the statement issued by WABC-TV:
"ABC7 and Cablevision have made significant progress and have reached an agreement in principle that recognizes the fair value of ABC7, with deal points that we expect to finalize with Cablevision. Given this movement, we're pleased to announce that ABC7 will return to Cablevision households while we work to complete our negotiations."
WABC-TV had gone off Cablevision at midnight Saturday in a dispute over re-transmission fees. After two years of negotiations, the two sides had been unable to reach an agreement.
WABC Cablevision customers in Long Island, Westchester, Brooklyn, the Bronx, and selected suburbs of Connecticut and New Jersey were impacted.
Details of agreement were not released.
"It is a deal that is fair to our customers and in line with our other programming agreements," Cablevision Systems Corp. spokesman Charles Schueler said.
"We are very grateful to our customers for their support and pleased to welcome ABC back," he added.
brooklyn, bronx, long island, new jersey, westchester county, connecticut, local news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos