WABC-TV Channel 7 returns to Cablevision subscribers
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Channel 7 has returned to Cablevision's 3.1 million subscribers Sunday night.
The station was restored to Cablevision just as the Academy Awards began on Sunday night.
Below is the statement issued by WABC-TV:
"ABC7 and Cablevision have made significant progress and have reached an agreement in principle that recognizes the fair value of ABC7, with deal points that we expect to finalize with Cablevision. Given this movement, we're pleased to announce that ABC7 will return to Cablevision households while we work to complete our negotiations."
WABC-TV had gone off Cablevision at midnight Saturday in a dispute over re-transmission fees. After two years of negotiations, the two sides had been unable to reach an agreement.
WABC Cablevision customers in Long Island, Westchester, Brooklyn, the Bronx, and selected suburbs of Connecticut and New Jersey were impacted.
Details of agreement were not released.
"It is a deal that is fair to our customers and in line with our other programming agreements," Cablevision Systems Corp. spokesman Charles Schueler said.
"We are very grateful to our customers for their support and pleased to welcome ABC back," he added.
brooklyn, bronx, long island, new jersey, westchester county, connecticut, local news
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Suspense builds for season finale of 'Scandal'