WABC-TV Channel 7 returns to Cablevision subscribers
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Channel 7 has returned to Cablevision's 3.1 million subscribers Sunday night.
The station was restored to Cablevision just as the Academy Awards began on Sunday night.
Below is the statement issued by WABC-TV:
"ABC7 and Cablevision have made significant progress and have reached an agreement in principle that recognizes the fair value of ABC7, with deal points that we expect to finalize with Cablevision. Given this movement, we're pleased to announce that ABC7 will return to Cablevision households while we work to complete our negotiations."
WABC-TV had gone off Cablevision at midnight Saturday in a dispute over re-transmission fees. After two years of negotiations, the two sides had been unable to reach an agreement.
WABC Cablevision customers in Long Island, Westchester, Brooklyn, the Bronx, and selected suburbs of Connecticut and New Jersey were impacted.
Details of agreement were not released.
"It is a deal that is fair to our customers and in line with our other programming agreements," Cablevision Systems Corp. spokesman Charles Schueler said.
"We are very grateful to our customers for their support and pleased to welcome ABC back," he added.
brooklyn, bronx, long island, new jersey, westchester county, connecticut, local news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 11 min ago
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys 48 min ago
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court 58 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos